736A Franklin Avenue (Between Park & Sterling)
Brooklyn, NY 11238

Telephone: 1.347.789.5513

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Interracial Dating What's The Big Deal Get Over It!


My Name is Renne From About Time Boutique.... Got A Minute?

Why can’t people view interracial relationships as they view fashion?
Whatever happened to values and being free to choose whatever or whomever you want? I consider myself a fashionista, even though it might sound too confident of myself but my life does in fact revolve around fashion. I was in an interracial relationship for 7 months. He was my first true love! Not just my partner but someone I call best friend. A caring, loving intelligent pre law student who truly wished the best for me. Sad to say I had to let him go because my parents would never accept him. My Father and Mother would absolutely disown me as their child, as they've warned several times, if i continue to see him. No matter how much I love my ex there's no going against my family. Don’t get me wrong, my family is far from being racist, I mean they don't mind my African American, White American, Spanish or Asian female friends. From my understanding it's a cultural conflict. Who cares get over it. His family was no walk through the park... they never accepted me. This is when I realized it can't work... my true match. I can't believe they never wanted to meet him because he was African American. I come from a family that is part Armenian and part Turkish. Turkey and Armenia were known for being true enemies causing a genocide in 1915. So I always come to this question: if they made it and fell in love why can’t I? It’s just like when you buy a white bag... the shoes don't necessarily have to match. They can be black, red or purple pumps. This is what I love about fashion you can mix and match anything... so long as it blends right! Why can’t relationships between different races be as simple as matching an outfit?.. just let the darn thing blend & watch the beauty spring into fashion:) Shout out to these famous interracial couples To conclude... Get Over It... It's A New generation... A New Movement... Stop Worrying About The Color and Focus On The persons Heart!



About Time Boutique... One Love... One Nation... One Human Kind... Love Life & Live...

About Time Boutique
736A Franklin Ave, BK, NY 11238

No comments:

Post a Comment